I’m a freelance travel writer for various publications in the UK and the US.
Born and bred in Britain, I grew up exploring the UK that extended to travelling the watery globe for fifteen years – indulging a soft spot for scuba diving. My writing primarily covers overland travel and motorcycling. I’m a big advocate that you don’t have to be a burly bloke on a 1200cc machine to keep pace on two wheels. Crikey, I’m living proof. Moreover, nor do you have to be a seasoned traveller or veteran motorcyclist with enduro training before being ready to set off on a two-wheeled adventure – epic or otherwise. If you’re riding somewhere different through local or foreign lands, it’s an adventure!
My words with Jason’s pictures have been published in: Adventure Bike Rider, ADVMoto Magazine, BMW Club Journal, Motorcycle, Sport & Leisure, Overland Journal, Overland Magazine, TNT Magazine and online with: ADV Pulse, Expedition Portal, Motorcycle Explorer Magazine, Horizons Unlimited, Global Women Who Ride, RideApart and Wanderlust.
- Photo project commissioned to showcase the 2017 C4 helmet and the E1 helmet in the 2016 campaign at the trade show Intermot in Germany, October 2016.
Written feedback from Schuberth: “Your shots were absolutely superb as you understood what we really needed. The combination of our briefing along with your personal creative ideas and skills made the outcome more than satisfying.You guys implemented our briefing perfectly and mixed it very creatively with your personal style. And that’s just awesome!”
– Overland Journal
- Fall Issue 2016 – Latitude photo feature
- Gear Guide 2017 – On a mission to the mission (coming soon)
– Expedition Portal (online equivalent of Overland Journal)
- Jul 2014 – Trading the life conventional for a ride of a lifetime
- Aug 2014 – Life aboard a cargo ship
- Oct 2014 – Chile
- Nov 2014 – Atacama desert
- Jan 2015 – Antarctica: Purest place on Earth
- Jan 2015 – Purmamarca
- Feb 2015 –Bolivia’s Road of Death by motorcycle
- Feb 2015 – Leaving footprints in Torotoro and a present from La Paz
- Mar 2015 – Gigantic squiggles and serious giggles
- Jun 2015 – A sea-sized Lake Titicaca
- Sept 2015 – The Fandango with Acatenango
- Dec 2015 – Guatemala
- Dec 2015 – MSR Whisperlite and Quick 2-pot review
- Feb 2016 – Woody’s Wheels: The factory tour
- Feb 2016 – Kriega hydration pack review
- Mar 2016 – Therm-a-Rest ProLite Plus Sleeping Pad review
- Apr 2016 – Coco’s Corner
- Apr 2016 – Sortie of the states
- May 2016 – Expedition in Death Valley
- Jun 2016 – Female Rider Resources
- Jul 2016 – Desert Decorum and Abiding Colorado’s Cold Snap
- Aug 2016 – An Alaskan road trip with the Fishhook Fatties
- 2017 – Product review on Held motorcycle gear (coming soon)
- 2017 – Product review on KLIM motorcycle gear (coming soon)
- Feb 2017 – Frontier spirit
- Insider Secrets – Ten roads you must ride in Chile and Argentina
- May/Jun 2014 – Spotlight Riders – Lisa & Jason turn into two wheeled nomads
- Jul/Aug 2014 – Reader in Focus
- Jan/Feb 2015 – Ups and downs: Touring as a couple
- May/Jun 2015 – The Atacama desert
- Sept/Oct 2015 – A piece on Peru
- Nov/Dec 2015 – The Pavey Dakar duo
- Mar/Apr 2016 – Planning article
- May/Jun 2016 – A sublime loop of the southern states
- Sept/Oct 2016 – Photo feature – Slices of life from the road
- Jan/Feb 2017 – Product review on the Klim Altitude motorcycle suit
- Mar/Apr 2017 – Product review on the Rukka Flexina motorcycle suit
- May/Jun 2017 – Product review on the Held Carese II and Torno II suit
- Issue 9, Oct 2014 – A slice of Argentinian pie
- Issue 10, Feb 2015 – Chile
- Issue 11, June 2015 – Peru
- Issue 12, Oct 2015 – Front cover (see right) and Behind the lens feature: Jason Spafford
- Issue 13, Feb 2016 – Guatemala
- Issue 15, June 2016 – A sortie in California, Arizona, Utah and Colorado
- Issue 16, Oct 2016 – Killing it in Death Valley
- Issue 21, Mar/Apr 2014 – Bon Voyage
- Issue 22, May/Jun 2014 – Life on a cargo ship
- Issue 24, Sept/Oct 2014 – Two Wheeled Nomad update
- Issue 28, May/Jun 2015 – Mountain Rider feature
- Issue 30, Sept/Oct 2015 – The basics behind swopping the life conventional for the ride of a lifetime
- Issue 35, Sept/Oct 2016 – Photo feature
– Motorcycle Mojo Magazine
- 2017 – An adventure story on Alberta (coming soon)
- Aug 2016 – Riding as a couple
- 2016 – AS Magadan MK2 pannier review
- 2016 – When stubbornness is all you’ve got
- 2017 – Giant Loop Pronghorn Straps review
- 2017 – KLIM Altitude suit review
I’ve also written pieces for:
- Aug 2014 – Couple sell home for epic motorcycle trip
- Sept 2014 – A container ship experience
- Oct 2014 – From Port to Puerto Madryn
- Nov 2014 – The final push down to Ushuaia
- Dec 2014 – Carretera Austral
- Jan 2015 – Sometimes the snow comes down in June
- Feb 2015 – The seven coloured hill of Purmamarca
- May 2015 – Nasca lines and Huachina
- Jun 2015 – Peru
- Jul 2015 – Lake Titicaca
- Aug 2015 – With affliction comes the uncanny aid of assistance
- Issue 1, Aug/Sept 2014 – Two Wheeled Nomad South America
- Issue 2, Oct/Nov 2014 – Life on a freighter
- Issue 3, Dec/Jan 2014 – Top Ten Rider Tips
- Issue 4, Feb/Mar 2015 – Dakar: Lisa Morris reports from the roadside
- Oct 2014 – Money management
- 2014 – Meet motorcycle overlanders Jason & Lisa
- 2014 – Written by Readers: Intro piece
- Oct 2014 – Homeless on a bike
- Dec 2014 – Argentina to Alaska: In Antarctica
- Snapshot: Long distance UK rider – Lisa Morris
- Ordinary people, extraordinary adventures
- Top ten reasons to give up your job and go travelling
“Great writing, by the way! I’m always very entertained by your prose…It’s a perfect blend of descriptive prose with ample wit to keep it light and fun. You both are a great team…It [X piece] is beautiful and as I would have expected, superbly written…To be honest, all of your pieces are fantastic.” Senior Editor, Overland International.
“Top notch work in promotion of the brands! So far you guys are doing everything we could hope for! Thanks for all the great work! I will continue to pass your photos along to our friends in the German office to see if they would like to repost them via our social channels…all the things we’ve been getting from you is top notch!…I want to take a moment to say that we absolutely love all the photos you guys take, absolutely top notch. Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards…” Marketing associate, Schuberth USA
“The May issue is just hitting the stands and your story looks amazing! The designers did a great job and you’ll be proud.” Editor, ADV Moto Magazine.
“Thank you for constantly wanting to check in and make sure that you are in good standing as far as our relationship and partnership goes. Its very clear that you care about the Rab brand and want to help us expand, so really, thanks!…I enjoy your content and the photos you and Jason produce…The product placement in magazines and the face-to-face “influencer” capacity is great…I do want to mention that we are super thankful for everything you guys have done so far, you are the first “ambassador” this company has had (at least in North America).” Marketing, Rab USA.
In response to my thoughts on 5-10 items that I would say should be the requirements of field testing motorcycle garments: “Thank you! This is a fantastic list. I appreciate the feedback.” Technical Designer, Motorcycle Category KLIM Technical Riding Gear.
In response to my consulting on a future women’s motorcycle suit: “Thank you for your feedback below, always appreciated.” Technical Designer, Motorcycle Category KLIM Technical Riding Gear.
“I wanted to touch base with you both in regards to our pending 2017 partnership. I’ve had a chance to discuss with the rest of my team and there is no question we absolutely love working with you folks, and we appreciate the superior photo content & editorial that you consistently deliver.” Marketing and Social Media Co-ordinator, Sea to Summit.
“I really appreciate you guys being so awesome about sending us updates and photos. I’d love to make it more official and have you guys as an official part of our ambassador team.” PR & Communications Manager, Hydro Flask.
SW Motech’s response to our contributions: “I really love what you are doing. Everytime I see some of your photos I would love to pack my stuff and leave… :o) And another very positive point: You are so active and it is very nice that you keep me up to date.” Marketing, SW-Motech Germany.
“Thank you so much for these amazing awesome pictures! Absolutely breathtaking!…Can we use some of your photos in our marketing? We are impressed. We at Rukka HQ are impressed in everything you have done.” Motorsport, Rukka, Finland.
“I’m stunned at the incredible images on your website; so inspiring and gobsmacking! What a thrilling and epic adventure you & Jason had. AND I just read through the coverage on our Mountain House: it is pure poetry, fantastic wordsmithing!!! I love the way you write and describe everything. Super WOW. You absolutely captured Talkeetna, the anticipation for the flight, and the experience at the Mountain House so authentically! Thank you!” Owner of Sheldon Mountain House, atop a glacier inside the Don Sheldon Amphitheater just above the Ruth Gorge, Denali National Park, Alaska.
“…I hope all’s still going really well with you guys. Loving the updates from Lisa. Give her a hug would you please : ) Cheers, Sam.” Sam Manicom, author of four motorcycle travel books.
“You’ve always got great photos and commentary.” ADV Pulse.
“OMG you two! 3 days ago I found your blog and have now read your story so far! What an adventure, so beautifully written and narrated by Lisa, I can’t believe we didn’t know what you were doing! I will be following your blog now, eagerly awaiting the next chapter of this life affirming journey you have undertaken, together, taking your readers with you via the amazing pictures and videos and the enchanting way Lisa captures the essence of your adventure.” Clive Littlewood, follower of Two Wheeled Nomad.
“I am loving the stories and the ebb and flow of your trip. I think your writing is a delight, and a great read for experienced travellers or the humble coach potato.” Neil Burnard, fellow motorcyclist.
“Always love your blog posts, videos and photos. Thank you for sharing using magical words that capture my interest in your adventure. You are both true professionals as your writing demonstrates. Truly inspirational!” Miss Rider, fellow motorcyclist.
“..You are really finding your own pure voice here…A genuine sense of place, spirit, and heart. Be safe, stay aware, and remain humble.” EH Alberts, fellow motorcyclist.
“I’m amazed, I must say. Seldom do I encounter a blog that’s both equally educative and amusing, and without a doubt, you have hit the nail on the head..” Mickie, fellow motorcyclist.
“Hi! As a fellow blogger, who blogs almost exclusively about Guatemala, I REALLY enjoyed seeing another author write so eloquently about Antigua and with stunning photos to match. Glad you enjoyed your time in Guatemala!” Chelsea, lagringachapina.com.